It all started at camp when I was singing on the bleachers in the sports field. I started to notice people taking glances at me. I started to feel uncomfortable. Next we had soccer, it wasn’t my favourite activity but I was happy because I can’t sing if i`m running.

After camp I really wanted to sing. I was way, way too confident and I couldn’t help it! I asked my mum so many questions. but i coulden’t help myself.

Later on my Mum decided I can start singing lessons . I BEAMED with happiness And the wildest smile I’ve ever had! My Mum emailed musical and instrumental but they didn’t respond. My Mum would have to call them. They say There were no spots left, but there was a chance I could get in.

Finally, Two days later my mum got an email saying that I got in. I was so happy! on Thursday, it was time. I was very nervous… and So excited at the same time! 

(I called it: nervouscited!)

I walked in and heard music. My tummy was filled with butterflies. The receptionist welcomed me and my dad to take a seat. Soon Tiffany, my singing teacher, welcomed me. It was my first time so when I went in, I was very nervouscited. We started with a vocal warm-up. she asked if I wanted to sing a song for her but I was to nervouscited to do that… near the end of the lesson i had to sing. I was very shy… As I walked out I had a shy smile on my face… my only weakness… Being shy. I’m sure I’ll break out of my shell… soon.

3 thoughts on “First Recount

1. Hi Gila,

I love this recount! I am so happy you are taking singing lessons. You are an excellent singer! Did you know you just made up a new word? I have never heard of the word nervouscited. So many people have been nervous and excited at the same time. Do you think Ms. M. will put this word into the Grade 4 class dictionary? 🙂
    Keep on blogging!
    Mrs. Bennett

2. Hi Gila! I really love this story and I think you’ll be able to crack out of your shell one day. I agree it’s uncounterable when people see you singing. Once I was in camp and someone caught me dancing! Have a good day!

– Shayna

3. Your recount is really cool. Where did you do your singing lessons? Are you starting to get used to singing in front of people you do not know?
    Great work!
    Have a great day!
    By Lyla
    To Gila